#1 06 Jan 2010 14:06

bluesxman
Member
From: UK
Registered: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 1,059

RSS not working (for me, least)

Last successful update seems to be on or just after 03/01/2010.


cmd | *sh | Ruby | Chef | Puppet | PowerShell | AutoIT3

Offline

#2 06 Jan 2010 18:34

Simon Sheppard
Super Administrator
Registered: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Website

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

I think whats been happening is due to text encoding - it should be iso-8859-1 but for some reason the rss page is sometimes served as ascii

Try it again now, I've now set the page encoding on the webserver as well as in the forum software - so hopefully that will fix it

Edit: nope its still playing up, I'll try updating the rss doctype now

Offline

#3 07 Jan 2010 20:08

Simon Sheppard
Super Administrator
Registered: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Website

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

OK after a bit of digging around I think this is a common bug with RSS feeds containing bbcode from this style of forum

The good news is that an upgraded version 1.4 should be available quite soon, currrently 93% done

Offline

#4 08 Jan 2010 11:06

bluesxman
Member
From: UK
Registered: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 1,059

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

Roger that, thanks.


cmd | *sh | Ruby | Chef | Puppet | PowerShell | AutoIT3

Offline

#5 11 Jan 2010 17:54

bluesxman
Member
From: UK
Registered: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 1,059

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

And working again now...


cmd | *sh | Ruby | Chef | Puppet | PowerShell | AutoIT3

Offline

#6 12 May 2010 13:54

bluesxman
Member
From: UK
Registered: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 1,059

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

RSS is down again, but I'm pretty sure I broke it this time smile  (well, sort of)

At the moment my RSS reader seems to be balking at this line in a recent post of mine:

    start /w /min "" cmd /c echo:^G

Where the ^G above is really the "BEL" control character in the context of the post (didn't want to break it with this post too).  If I remove the ^G I can parse the XML fine.


cmd | *sh | Ruby | Chef | Puppet | PowerShell | AutoIT3

Offline

#7 12 May 2010 18:14

Simon Sheppard
Super Administrator
Registered: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Website

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

Well done finding that - I've confirmed it on another forum and submitted a bug report to the maintainers.

It is possible the bug is actually in the RSS client, in firefox its still visible via view source - but will see what they come up with.

Offline

#8 12 May 2010 19:54

bluesxman
Member
From: UK
Registered: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 1,059

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

Yeah Firefox is the browser I was using when I figured it out, but Opera doesn't seem to be too impressed with the situation either.


cmd | *sh | Ruby | Chef | Puppet | PowerShell | AutoIT3

Offline

#9 15 May 2010 13:05

Simon Sheppard
Super Administrator
Registered: 27 Aug 2005
Posts: 997
Website

Re: RSS not working (for me, least)

The fluxxBB team have now patched this - control characters will be stripped out.

I'm hoping to upgrade the SS64 forum sometime later this year, when theres a production release.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB