deltree /y c:\windows\tmp
deltree /y c:\windows\ff*.tmp
deltree /y c:\windows\history
deltree /y c:\windows\cookies
deltree /y c:\windows\recent
deltree /y c:\windows\spool\printers
del c:\WIN386.SWP
cls 

I myself use this to clean my computer from extra data and some ram and some viruses

#2 27 Mar 2016 02:50

foxidrive

Re: CMD Computer Cleaner

What version of Windows are you using Joey?

Put a pause above the CLS and run your script - you might find a few errors.

#3 27 Mar 2016 02:53

Joey2bost

foxidrive wrote:

Put a pause above the CLS and run your script - you might find a few errors.

Well this means you do not have any unecessary files in this sector for it to remove so if you run it once then again the first time it will delete all but for the second run it has nothing to delete. But if you run it right away and still get this then your computer has no files that needs to be removed.

#4 27 Mar 2016 03:22

DigitalSnow

Wow, deltree, a blast from the past  tongue

#5 27 Mar 2016 06:14

foxidrive

Joey2bost wrote:

Well this means you do not have any unecessary files in this sector for it to remove so if you run it once then again the first time it will delete all but for the second run it has nothing to delete. But if you run it right away and still get this then your computer has no files that needs to be removed.

#6 27 Mar 2016 18:23

Joey2bost

foxidrive wrote:
Joey2bost wrote:

Windows 8

#7 27 Mar 2016 23:00

foxidrive

Joey2bost wrote:
foxidrive wrote:

Windows 8

You really need to test that code then, as Windows 8 doesn't have a deltree command. 

This file that you are deleting is from Windows 3.x and nobody else is going to have it on their machine. 

c:\WIN386.SWP

#8 30 Mar 2016 16:12

foxidrive

Joey, did you test your code, based upon the points I raised?

Last edited by foxidrive (30 Mar 2016 16:12)

#9 30 Mar 2016 23:37

Joey2bost

foxidrive wrote:

Joey, did you test your code, based upon the points I raised?

Yes, i left it for those oldie computers out there

#10 31 Mar 2016 16:31

foxidrive

My first post to you in this thread was designed to allow *you* to find out what problems I saw with it, and then investigate the issues.  That's the best way to learn, with hands-on practical experience.

There's a saying that's used called "wet behind the ears"  and it refers to young and inexperienced people. 
I'm not knocking you for being young, or your level of inexperience.

What I am knocking is the way you avoided testing your code to try and find out what aspect was wrong, and ultimately tried very transparently to pretend it was fine and tested, and meant that way all along.    You could even have asked what part was wrong, to try and understand how there was a problem.

A bunch of those commands won't work on oldie computers either, because they use syntax of the later NT series Windows.

#11 31 Mar 2016 22:03

Joey2bost

foxidrive wrote:

My first post to you in this thread was designed to allow *you* to find out what problems I saw with it, and then investigate the issues.  That's the best way to learn, with hands-on practical experience.

There's a saying that's used called "wet behind the ears"  and it refers to young and inexperienced people. 
I'm not knocking you for being young, or your level of inexperience.

What I am knocking is the way you avoided testing your code to try and find out what aspect was wrong, and ultimately tried very transparently to pretend it was fine and tested, and meant that way all along.    You could even have asked what part was wrong, to try and understand how there was a problem.

A bunch of those commands won't work on oldie computers either, because they use syntax of the later NT series Windows.

So what your saying is that since im not deleting it your saying im inexperienced just because im leaving a bit of code that wouldn't have a negative effect at all and that i kept it for computers running windows 7 or lower, you are basically saying that you know best and others don't so you might want to rethink what your thinking.

#12 31 Mar 2016 22:10

Shadow Thief

foxidrive can easily be considered an expert in the batch language, and quite frankly, you are inexperienced.

#13 31 Mar 2016 22:14

Joey2bost

Shadow Thief wrote:

foxidrive can easily be considered an expert in the batch language, and quite frankly, you are inexperienced.

Well actually, there is no such thing as inexperianced. Some know how to program some things while others cant. in the end no one is inexperiance unless they cant program at all

Board footer