You are not logged in.

#1 03 Jan 2011 22:36

dinbrca

May i use the descriptions and some of the database provided by SS64?

I need to use (and copy) the descriptions that SS64 and some of the database made to the commands (like shutdown command of the Windows CMD Shell).
I am currently creating a program that needs to show descriptions and information for entered command by user..

My website profits from donations and ad clicks (google adsense).
Also, may i change some of the information and encrypt it so no one can copy?

May i use SS64 database to create my program?
Thanks in advnaced,
Din.

Sorry for the bad English.

#2 04 Jan 2011 04:43

Jason404

Re: May i use the descriptions and some of the database provided by SS64?

#3 04 Jan 2011 17:36

dinbrca

I already read it..
I came here to ask questions after i read it. things that i don't understand from this license.

I will re-ask:
1. Is it allowed to use the knowledge that the side provides (the database of course) to use it in a program (i made it), the program is stored on my site which profits from donations and advertisments.

2. there is some information on where i store the database (that isn't of the database type), and i want to encrypt it. e.x.:
"<note>cant be use with...</note><description>shutdown the computer</description>"
in my example the note is the information i entered which i want to encrypt so no one can see. though- in-order to encrypt it i need to encrypt the whole file. which also encrypts the text (that comes from the database of SS64).. may i do that, and won't get sewed?

Thanks for the help,
Din.

#4 04 Jan 2011 19:31

Simon Sheppard
Admin
Website

OK first of all, there is no database (apart from this forum) SS64 is all 'old school' hand coded HTML.

I think the terms on the copyright page are pretty clear but to try and answer your question:
if a web page that displays SS64 content is also showing adverts then that would be a commercial use and we would need to figure out a licensing arrangement.
If you copy pages from SS64 as-is that would be fine (even if other pages on the same website contain advertising)

If you package up SS64 help pages alongside an application which you encrypt or sell or ask donations for - that would also be fine as long as it is made clear that the payments are for the Application and not the SS64 help pages.

Hope that helps

Simon

#5 05 Jan 2011 01:21

dinbrca

I am using the information that the help pages provides (not the help pages them selves), also the users of the application can donate (donation aren't a must) by the side (using paypal)
+
Does donations means commercial, ads (which you profit from)?
+
As long as i make clear that payments (donations nor ad clicks) are for the application and not for the SS64 help pages - it means non-commercial?

Sorry I am asking too much questions - I don't want to get sewed smile - Me and my friend have just became 18 years old and we trying to make a startup, we are not a business that is registered somewhere

Last edited by dinbrca (05 Jan 2011 21:14)

#6 07 Jan 2011 18:03

Simon Sheppard
Admin
Website

Does donations means commercial, - Yes

ads (which you profit from)? - Yes

As long as i make clear that payments (donations nor ad clicks) are for the application and not for the SS64 help pages - it means non-commercial? - Yes

#7 07 Jan 2011 18:28

dinbrca

Thanks Simon,
I will use the information that SS64 HTML Pages provide, I will make clear that payments are for the application and not for the information that SS64 pages provide, also I will add a link to SS64.com in the Application menu in "Help>About" also at our website in "About us>products documentation"

Thanks,
Din.

Last edited by dinbrca (08 Jan 2011 02:40)

Board footer