You are not logged in.

#1 17 Oct 2007 23:02

jgonza

Errorlevel stuck =0 for an application

Hello All,

This is my first posting and I hope I can get some help.

The ERRORLEVEL reporting for a 16 bit application was always = 0.  Normally when an application is not running, the OS reports back an ERRORLEVEL of "1", but not in the case of this server1 (Windows 2000 Server).  It consistently reports back an ERRORLEVEL of "0", regardless of the actual running status of the application.

These results were validated by running parallel tests on separate systems, using a modified version of the script that gave more detailed execution for debugging and by running an additional test script which confirmed our results.  The test script that was created and used was simple in design and function.  It simply checked for the existence of an application in the TASKLIST manager and reported the results using ERRORLEVELs back on to the screen. 

The results were consistent with our initial findings, the applications that were running indicated an ERRORLEVEL of "0" and the ones that were not resulted in an ERRORLEVEL of "1".  That was the case with all systems tested, with the exception of server1, which gave a consistent ERRORLEVEL of "0" regardless of the actual running status of the 16-bit application.

The server has been re-booted and the condition has not changed. BTW the 16-bit app works fine on another Windows 2000 server.

Can someone assist?

#2 27 Oct 2007 12:10

//[T.0.P]//

Re: Errorlevel stuck =0 for an application

To me it depends on what's in the script. What else have you tried? Maybe this will work:

TASKLIST> tsklst.txt
type tsklst.txt | find "program"> NUL
echo.%ERRORLEVEL%

Board footer