#1 24 Nov 2019 02:55

Rekrul

Does anyone know of a command line program to convert ISO files?

As the title says, does anyone know of a command line program for Windows that will convert ISO images between various formats? Such as converting ISO to BIN/CUE, creating a new image from an existing one, etc.

I've been Googling for batch conversion, but haven't been able to find much other than commercial programs that do it through a GUI. Apparently PowerISO (commercial) has command line options, but when I downloaded the installer to check it out and scanned it with the VirusTotal website, it was flagged by 16 different anti-virus engines as a potentially malicious file. I know some programs can give a false positive, but it doesn't instill me with confidence when 16 different anti-virus programs flag a file that's supposedly from a legitimate company.

I've been using a virtual drive and ImgBurn to convert images, but it would be nice if I had something I could use in a script.

#2 01 Dec 2019 22:07

Shadow Thief

Re: Does anyone know of a command line program to convert ISO files?

I was recently in this boat. Nothing like what you're looking for exists; the closest you're going to get is installing the WSL subsystem and then using a Linux tool like bchunker (or the PowerISO linux command line tools, since those scanned clean on VirusTotal).

#3 05 Dec 2019 14:06

Rekrul

Re: Does anyone know of a command line program to convert ISO files?

Shadow Thief wrote:

I was recently in this boat. Nothing like what you're looking for exists; the closest you're going to get is installing the WSL subsystem and then using a Linux tool like bchunker (or the PowerISO linux command line tools, since those scanned clean on VirusTotal).

Thanks for the reply.

I find it kind of strange that none seem to exist. I mean you've got command line programs to convert videos, rip DVDs and everything else. It seems like there should be one to process ISO files.

Board footer