You are not logged in.

#1 29 Feb 2016 18:32

sambul35

Edit own posts

Hello guys!

I just registered, posted a new topic, but can't find EDIT button to make some corrections. On most (all) other forums I know of the EDI button is visible at least 10min after the new topic or post is created. On many forums editing own posts is permitted within 2 hours, or any time for years. But I've never seen a forum, where any corrections are outright prohibited from the get go. In fact it sounds unthinkable for a site discussing code snippets, since all in computer programming is about endless corrections.  big_smile

#2 29 Feb 2016 21:49

foxidrive

Re: Edit own posts

Not commenting on new-user editing restrictions here - because as a regular forum user you are able to edit your posts for a while.,

I'm commenting instead on posts you edited on another forum, and they will not be read by any people that use the "show unread posts" feature to track new entries. 

You edited a post to me and it was only by chance that I saw it.

Last edited by foxidrive (29 Feb 2016 21:53)

#3 01 Mar 2016 00:22

Simon Sheppard
Admin
Website

If you reload the page you should have edit rights now

#4 01 Mar 2016 03:40

sambul35

@Simon Sheppard

Thanks. I see EDIT button now. smile

@foxidrive

Well, info in forums is googled for decades, especially on slow moving subjects. I think its a better trade-off in a long run to show corrected info to a lot more people than those originally participated in a discussion. I edited my reply to you, but without changing its meaning. I don't believe many folks would be ready to post there entire projects on open forums instead of short snippets, and don't think tracing such projects for bugs is a time saver for helpers compare to analyzing independent snippets sufficient in coder's opinion to illustrate a problem. Many batch programs are NOT open source, one can't expect folks posting entire code and data for someone's convenience. Having said that, I again appreciate your help in that question.  wink

Last edited by sambul35 (01 Mar 2016 13:56)

Board footer