Inserting PS1 to Tray notification area of Windows for its execution purposes

Microsoft Windows
SS##66

Inserting PS1 to Tray notification area of Windows for its execution purposes

Post by SS##66 »

Is there a way to put PS1 file or LNK leading to it in the Tray notification area of Windows 10, so that it would be executable like some pinned EXE to Taskbar?

Or any other script file format for that matter?
SS##66

Re: Inserting PS1 to Tray notification area of Windows for its execution purposes

Post by SS##66 »

Any ideas about how to insert some kin of script into the Tray and make it stay there as an always accessible icon, even if its execution will kill or running scripts system wide?
Simon Sheppard

Re: Inserting PS1 to Tray notification area of Windows for its execution purposes

Post by Simon Sheppard »

To use the system tray, I think you will need some kind of utility like activetray.com

You can of course drag a .cmd or .ps1 file on top of the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and PIN it.
Assuming you already have PowerShell.exe pinned, then just right click to select & run the pinned script.
SS##66

Post by SS##66 »

I need to have a single icon in Tray alike to dragged and then pinned to Taskbar e.g. cmd.EXE. Not some unfolding configurable list in Tray and not icon on the non-Tray area of Taskbar

This is suppose to be always visible panic button capable of stopping catastrophic loops. Thus a program like Active Tray would have to have a feature in which user could configure which mouse button opens it / unfolds its customizable menu and which executes that one extra special task specified by the user
SS##66

Post by SS##66 »

Not at all

What I need is to have an icon like the one for the Volume Mixer AKA

C:\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe

that always sits in the Tray and can be moved from the Tray's area on Taskbar and that hidden area available after pressing of the

Code: Select all

>
icon. And every left or middle click on it should run one instance of the script it holds

[As for this interesting looking BurntToast feature- it somehow does not work me. I have asked about this issue on GitHub: https://github.com/Windos/BurntToast/issues/230]