Microsoft Windows
MigrationUser

icacls set logt in User not "CREATOR OWNER"

Post by MigrationUser »

03 Dec 2013 10:08
askyyer

Hello,

i need your help:

i want to set with icacls the User: "Creator Owner" with some grants...

the code is: icacls C:\Folder /grant "CREATOR OWNER":(GE,RD)

the problem is that icacls set GE and RD but not with the "CREATOR OWNER", icacls set it with the current logt on user: Administrator, because the Administrator is the owner but i want the the User "CREATOR OWNER" to have the permisen of the Folder :(

Do you have any ideas?

----------------------------

#2 03 Dec 2013 10:12
askyyer

This happend:

otlnxs.jpg

But i want this:

2lwk3o0.jpg

#3 03 Dec 2013 21:50
npocmaka

what if you rub icacls with runas?

#4 03 Dec 2013 22:15
Simon Sheppard

If you look at the permissions in the advanced view of the GUI security dialog you will see that the grant to Creator Owner applies only to Subfolders and Files.
Even if you try to change this to include "This folder", when you view the summary sheet of permissions you will only see a grant for "Subfolders and files".

Creator Owner is a placeholder for an account that is not known until something is created (something with an owner), and of course that something can only be a child object. Therefore permissions set against "Creator Owner" always default to only the child objects of the folder where you set the grant.

When you view the permissions of those subfolders/files, you will see that "Creator Owner" permission has been changed into the actual owner of the object.

#5 04 Dec 2013 09:49
askyyer

Thank you Simon!

I found the solution based on you answer :-)

The correct code is:

Code: Select all

icacls C:\Folder /grant CREATOR OWNER:(OI)(CI)(IO)(GE,RD)
The "(OI)(CI)(IO)" apply the CREATOR OWNER only to the Subfolder and Files, and it does work.

Now it Works, Thank You!