Output of %TIME% and Time/ T is region dependent

Microsoft Windows
Simon Sheppard

Output of %TIME% and Time/ T is region dependent

Post by Simon Sheppard »

Over on the TIME page I have documented the output of TIME for a few regions, those were correct in 2018 but I am getting some reports that this output has changed for some regions in recentish builds of Windows 10 and 11.

It any of you have TIME output which differ do post them here and I'll update the page.

Also changes made in the control panel > region will change the system clock but now have no effect on %TIME% and Time/ T

I did manage to get the system clock displaying 13 O'Clock when testing this which is very George Orwell.
Dustinb582

Re: Output of %TIME% and Time/ T is region dependent

Post by Dustinb582 »

That’s quite interesting! The 24-hour clock system, which is widely used around the world, usually only goes up to 23:59. Seeing a 13 O’Clock on your system clock is indeed a bit like something out of George Orwell’s “1984”, where reality can be manipulated. However, in your case, it could be due to a glitch or an error in the system settings. If you want to correct this, you might need to check your time settings and ensure your system is set to the correct time format..

We will be as we RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
IM A PIE RATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simon Sheppard

Re: Output of %TIME% and Time/ T is region dependent

Post by Simon Sheppard »

I don't remember the exact time settings which gave 13 O' clock, but probably something like Hm:Hm