You are not logged in.

#1 02 Feb 2021 18:13

DarviL

Virint, a pixel art editor script

Hello! I just joined this community. I've been using SS64 help pages of a lot of stuff for a loong time, and I just thought on joining the forums, because, why not?  smile
So I just wanted to introduce myself by showing my latest script that I made in batch, called VIRINT. It is some kind of very limited paint thingy to make some simple pixel arts. Here are some screenshots:
VIRINT pixel art
Peter griffin pixel art

The movement is kind of unintuitive, but there isn't much I can do about it hahaha. You can select the size of the canvas that you want, the colors to paint with, fill the entire canvas, etc... Oh! You can also save your beautiful paintings anywhere you want, and then load them! You can also run it with '/?' to check out the help, although, it's pretty straight forward to use. This is how it loads one of those files slowed down:
106636126-e4475a00-6581-11eb-9558-bb8a0ae09352.gif
Pretty sure a lot of you already know how this works smile

The script requires at least Windows 10 version 1909 or newer, otherwise, it won't be able to display the special ANSI escape sequences correctly.
If anyone is interested in this thing, you can take a look at it in my GitHub repository (L89David/DarviLStuff), which contains this one and some more scripts I made.
Anyways, thank you for taking a look at this, hope you are having a great day!

#2 03 Feb 2021 17:58

T3RRY

Re: Virint, a pixel art editor script

Made a similar script a while back. Got a little carried away with it. Added in color palletes, character sets, Layering [each layer saved to a different file], animation - ability to move the layer NESW or flip/ mirror a layer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HasHBx1uAe8

Never used it for anything though, however it was a good learning tool that helped in developing batch coding techniquesto implement a game engine.

#3 08 Feb 2021 15:20

DarviL

T3RRY wrote:

Made a similar script a while back. Got a little carried away with it. Added in color palletes, character sets, Layering [each layer saved to a different file], animation - ability to move the layer NESW or flip/ mirror a layer.

Never used it for anything though, however it was a good learning tool that helped in developing batch coding techniquesto implement a game engine.

That is amazing T3RRY, you did an incredible job there!

#4 10 Feb 2021 18:23

T3RRY

Thanks DarviL

You may also be interested taking a look at my cout macro, designed to make Virtual terminal code usage a bit simpler in addition to allowing for faster output by avoiding the use of Call.

Similar in function to your echoc script, aside from the file reading, It handles many aspects of cursor output from color to position, text deletion, hiding the cursor and Switching between the Main and alternate screen buffers.

The script includes example usages and a helpfile.

https://pastebin.com/6LDuiyZj

Last edited by T3RRY (10 Feb 2021 18:24)

Board footer