You are not logged in.

#1 20 Sep 2015 20:41

Vilosoraptor

Enemy AI

Hello I am developing an old style game (one that you play to unlock levels instead of buying them) because I like those kinds of games, new console games are kind of boring.

Anyways, I have been coding in batch for about 2 years now. One of the last things that I have told myself that I am going to learn is an Enemy AI. I have tried several methods that I can come up with to try to get enemies to move, but I can't seem to make it work. If anyone has a semi-simple (the code doesn't have to be simple but I would at least like to be able to understand it) way to get multiple enemies to move in real-time, I would really appreciate it if you share it. The code doesn't have to be short, I got room tongue,

Thanks a lot guys,
Vilosoraptor

#2 21 Sep 2015 02:56

Shadow Thief

Re: Enemy AI

What kind of AI movement are you looking for? Patrolling in a line? Patrolling in a box? Always moving towards the player?

#3 21 Sep 2015 20:08

Vilosoraptor

Re: Enemy AI

I would like two versions (if possible) the monsters would switch between modes, one mode being chasing the player and the other mode being they just sort of move around randomly.

Board footer